Thank you for your interest in Mission North, Inc. (“Mission North”, “us”, or “we”). This Privacy Notice describes the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information during the course of the application process with Mission North.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When you apply for a position at Mission North, we will collect your personal information when you: [Note: please review to ensure this is comprehensive of your data collection practices for applicants]
- Complete an application: When you apply for a position with Mission North, we collect your identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, physical address), and your professional or employment information (resume/CV, certifications, qualifications, employment history, educational history). We use this personal information to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied or other open positions, to communicate with you, and to comply with the law. For equal employment and affirmative action purposes, you also have the option to provide us with your protected classifications (gender, race, veteran status, disability status). We use this personal information solely for government reporting purposes and this information is not required to submit your application.
- Participate in an interview: If you participate in an interview at Mission North, we collect video of you through our CCTV footage to ensure the security of Mission North personnel and property.
- Provide references: When you provide references with your application, we will receive from your references your professional or employment information (resume/CV, certifications, qualifications, employment history, educational history) and inferences drawn from your references, such as their thoughts on your behavior, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes to assess the suitability for the position for which you have applied.
After reviewing your application, Mission North may extend you a conditional offer of employment. For the purposes of doing so, we will collect or receive your personal information when you:
- Complete a background check: Subject to legal requirements, Mission North may use a third-party provider to conduct a background check on you. In doing so, Mission North will receive your identifiers (name, physical address, telephone number, Social Security number) and your professional or employment information (employment history, educational history) to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied and to comply with legal requirements.
- Complete a drug-screening: Subject to legal requirements, Mission North may use a third-party provider to conduct drug-screening. In doing so, Mission North will receive your identifiers (name) and your medical information (drug-test results) from our provider to assess your application and suitability for the position for which you have applied and to comply with legal requirements.
- Complete employment eligibility forms: To verify your identity and employment authorization, we will collect your identifiers (date of birth, Social Security number) and the supporting documentation you choose to provide. Based on the documentation you provide, this may include additional identifiers, such as your driver’s license, state identification card, passport, or permanent resident card.
Mission North shares applicant personal information in the following instances:
- Within Mission North: We share applicant personal information among our human resources department for legitimate business purposes relating to management and assessment of applications. Access to personal information is limited to those on a need-to-know basis.
- For legal purposes: We share applicant personal information with third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, for risk management purposes, and to comply with legal obligations.
- During a corporate reorganization: In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, we would share applicant personal information. We would also share applicant personal information if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- With service providers: In the preceding twelve (12) months, Mission North has shared applicant identifiers and professional or employment information with service providers that assist us in the application process and for other employment purposes. These service providers include our background check and drug-screening provider.
Please note Mission North does not sell applicant personal information.
This Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. If we make any changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will announce those changes via email and obtain your consent, if required.
For questions on this Privacy Notice, please contact Mission North at [contact information].