INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Mission North collects and uses your personal information as outlined below. In addition, Mission North may use your information for the limited circumstances described in INFORMATION SHARING.
- Information collected from Website visitors
As a Website visitor, Mission North will collect your personal information in the following instances:
- When you apply for employment with us, we will collect your identifiers (name, email address, physical address, telephone number) and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, educational history). We use this personal information to assess and manage your application, to communicate with you, and as necessary to comply with the law. For more information, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice [hyperlink].
- When you contact us, we collect your identifiers (name, email address, telephone number) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence to respond to your questions or inquiries and address any issues you may have. We may also use this information to send you marketing communications we feel may be of interest to you.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we will collect your email address to fulfill your request.
- Information collected from clients
As a client, Mission North will collect your personal information in the following instances:
- When you become a client of Mission North, we will collect your business information (company name, business address) and identifiers of your business representative (name, email address, telephone number). We use this personal information to communicate with you, to manage our relationship with you, and to facilitate the requested Services.
- When you make a payment, we collect your identifiers (name, company name, billing address) and payment information (bank account number, routing number) to process your payment. Please note our payment processor collects this information directly on our behalf and Mission North only maintains historical payment information.
- If you visit Mission North, video of you will be captured by our CCTV footage for safety and security purposes.
- Information collected automatically (cookies)
In addition to the personal information you provide, we also collect information automatically via cookies as you use the Website. This information includes the following internet and other electronic network activity information:
- Information about your interaction with the Website, such as pages visited, frequency of access, time spent on each page, and referring website details.
- Information about your location, which may be determined by your IP address.
- Information about the device you use to access the Website, such as model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
To collect this information, the Website utilizes the following cookies:
- Essential cookies to permit the Website to function properly and allow you to use the different features of the Website. Essential cookies are also used to authenticate user and to prevent fraudulent use of the Website.
- Functional cookies on the Website provide enhanced functionality and personalization for you. We use functional cookies to remember your preferences, diagnose and repair errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
- Advertising cookies identify and store behaviors that users take when visiting our Website. These cookies are used in order to identify you as a prospect for our services, deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We use Facebook Pixel to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. Facebook Pixel sets a cookie on your device that allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook's Data Usage Policy. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads and sharing by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page.
Our emails also contain cookies and other technologies, provided by Mailchimp, to gain valuable insight into the behavior of email recipients. With the help of these technologies, we can analyze the actions taken by recipients, such as opens and clicks, in order to better adapt and distribute our emails. To produce this information, Mailchimp collects your internet and other electronic network activity information, such as IP address, time of retrieval, browser type, and operating type. You can disable this tracking at any time by disabling automatic loading of images in your email program.
- We share your personal information within Mission North in order to efficiently carry out and improve our business and to the extent permitted by law.
- In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our organization, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our assets, we would share your personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share your personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your identifiers, payment information, and internet and other electronic network activity information with service providers that assist us in providing our Services. These service providers include our IT support, payment processor, and email vendor.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed your internet and other electronic network activity information to our IT support to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, identify and repair Website errors, and to update, maintain, and improve the Website.
- Mission North uses certain analytics cookies on the Website. These cookies collect your internet and other electronic network activity and share it with the data analytics and advertising partners that provide them. Since these providers can use your personal information for their own purposes, this use may be considered a sale under the California Consumer Privacy Act. To opt-out of these cookies, visit our cookie management platform [hyperlink].
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants certain rights to California residents. If our processing of your personal information is subject to the CCPA, you are entitled to the following rights:
- You have the right to request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you within the preceding 12 months. You may only make a request for access twice within a 12-month period.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we collect or maintain, subject to certain exceptions.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Mission North does not have actual knowledge that it sells personal information of minors under the age of sixteen (16) years.
- You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment if and when you exercise your rights to access, delete, or opt-out under the CCPA.
To exercise your right to access or delete your personal information, you may submit a request via email at email@example.com or via telephone at [toll-free telephone number].
The online form contains all information we require to evaluate your request. You must provide us with sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the personal information and describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly evaluate and respond to it. In order for us to do so, please ensure you include your full name and email address. If we are not able to verify your identity for access and deletion requests with the information provided, we may ask you for additional pieces of information.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your personal information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of another individual, you must provide us with signed documentation that you are authorized to act on behalf of that individual.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you emails necessary to the Services or any assistance you request.
DO NOT TRACK
The Website does not support Do Not Track (DNT).
We implement and maintain reasonable and commercially accepted security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information we have collected from you.
Our Services are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18).